Hello my dear readers,
I don’t know you, but sometimes I’m craving for something sweet and creamy.
And this vanilla cream is just perfect for that moments.
You can enjoy it as it is or use it for filling pies, cakes, or any sweets you may like.
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g flour
- 4 egg yolks medium
- 75 g sugar fine
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 10 blueberries (optional)
- If you’re using a vanilla pod, split it lengthwise and with a knife blade scrape the seeds. Put the milk, vanilla pod and its seeds in a saucepan over low heat. Or if you’re using the vanilla bean seeds paste, just add one teaspoon to the milk.
- When the milk is hot, turn off the heat and cover the pan with a lid and let it rest for a few minutes so that the vanilla releases its flavor, after that remove the vanilla pod.
- Put the yolks in a bowl, add the sugar and mix with a whisk until light in color.
- Sift the flour, gradually add it to the mixture of yolks and sugar and mix carefully until completely homogenous.
- Gradually pour the warm milk over the mixture and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Put the liquid mixture obtained back in the pan and boil the cream on low heat for about 10 minutes or until you get a creamy composition (if you have a food thermometer, the temperature of the final cream should be 82°C).It is very important to stir the cream continuously during boiling, in order to get a silky cream, without lumps.
- Once ready pour the cream into a bowl and immediately cover the surface of the vanilla cream with food-grade plastic wrap (the foil is placed directly over the cream).Let the cream cool completely.
- Serve it in a glass with some bluberries on top! Enjoy it!