Hello my dear readers,
I don’t know you, but sometimes I’m craving for something sweet and creamy.
And this vanilla cream is just perfect for that moments.
You can enjoy it as it is or use it for filling pies, cakes, or any sweets you may like.
A super easy vanilla cream for when you're craving something sweet but light.
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g flour
- 4 egg yolks medium
- 75 g sugar fine
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 10 blueberries (optional)
- If you’re using a vanilla pod, split it lengthwise and with a knife blade scrape the seeds. Put the milk, vanilla pod and its seeds in a saucepan over low heat. Or if you’re using the vanilla bean seeds paste, just add one teaspoon to the milk.
- When the milk is hot, turn off the heat and cover the pan with a lid and let it rest for a few minutes so that the vanilla releases its flavor, after that remove the vanilla pod.
- Put the yolks in a bowl, add the sugar and mix with a whisk until light in color.
- Sift the flour, gradually add it to the mixture of yolks and sugar and mix carefully until completely homogenous.
- Gradually pour the warm milk over the mixture and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Put the liquid mixture obtained back in the pan and boil the cream on low heat for about 10 minutes or until you get a creamy composition (if you have a food thermometer, the temperature of the final cream should be 82°C).It is very important to stir the cream continuously during boiling, in order to get a silky cream, without lumps.
- Once ready pour the cream into a bowl and immediately cover the surface of the vanilla cream with food-grade plastic wrap (the foil is placed directly over the cream).Let the cream cool completely.
- Serve it in a glass with some bluberries on top! Enjoy it!
Yum, yum, yummy! 🙂
Thank you Megala ☺️😋
Thank you ☺️
You’re welcome 😊
That’s enough to have to get out the fat jeans!
Hahaha 🤣 A little bit of everything is always working ☺️😁
Looks so delicious, and illustrated so well!
Thank you very much ☺️😋
Thank you Goff! ☺️
Cheers. Happy Saturday.
Thank you Derrick!
I always look for a sweet treat after a meal 🙂 so I would enjoy your cream, yum!
Is always a good way to finish a meal right? ☺️ Enjoy it 😋 Have a wonderful weekend dear Mel!
It must be a treat after lunch and dinner friend !! 😋
Very much so ☺️😋 The perfect way to finish a meal ☺️
Yeah sure. 💕
Easy and delicious 😋
It is ☺️😋 Thank you!
Truly sounds easy. Yes! I have one vanilla pod! I’m gonna surprise them hehehe 🤭 Thanks Ribby <3
They’ll love it ☺️😋😍 Enjoy it! Have a wonderful weekend 🤗🥰
Thanks Ribby. Wish you the same. 🤗
Super looking … super neat treat
Thank you very much! I’m glad you like it!
Delicious, yummy 👍
Thank you very much!
Great, easy recipe! Thanks for posting! And, who doesn’t love blueberries?
Thank you very much! I’m glad you like it! I don’t know who can not love blueberries, they’re super delicious 😋
Can we make it without eggs ??
If you wish you can try an eggless cream…usually they do it with milk and cornstarch 😉
Looks so delicious! Have a good weekend ! 🙂
Thank you very much! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! 🌸
Will surely try this..any option for egg yolk..??
Can try using cornstarch instead of eggs but you won’t get the yellow color though…
Thanks dear ❤
Always a pleasure! Enjoy it!
I will give this a try, I guess it would make a great filling as well. Thanks for sharing!
Oh yes! Is a great filling for cakes or tarts as well 😉 Enjoy it!
Thank you very much!