Hello my dear readers,
“If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.”
– Abraham Lincoln, 16th US President
Are you a coffee or a tea drinker?
Did you know that coffee and tea are among the most commonly consumed nonalcoholic beverages worldwide?
While the origins of coffee and tea are unclear, it is safe to say that mankind has been drinking both for at least 1,000 years. Can you imagine? 1,000 years!
The experts around the world agreed that coffee contains more caffeine than tea, even though it depends on how the beverages are prepared.
Caffeine, which works as a stimulant, is naturally found in both.
If you are from the category “first coffee” in the morning then think again, as researchers has found out that daily coffee drinkers who were tricked into drinking decaffeinated coffee still scored the same on tests as caffeinated coffee drinkers.
So associating coffee with energy is not really working, is only an impression.
But let’s see some of their benefits:
6 Coffee Benefits
- contains antioxidants, though significantly less than tea
- is believed to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
- plays a part in protecting the liver and reduces the risk of cirrhosis
- contains key nutrients such as potassium, manganese, magnesium, and niacin
- is a known diuretic
- good for the heart, and protects against Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease
6 Tea Benefits
- loaded with antioxidants
- fight inflammation and prevent blood vessels from hardening
- is associated with anti-aging
- known to boost brain health
- regular tea drinkers are likely to have higher bone density levels and slower rates of bone erosion
- good for the heart, lowering the bad cholesterol
But their benefits do not stop here.
See below some funny facts between coffee drinkers and tea drinkers.
However, according to retail sales data seems that coffee is the winner.
People’s favourite hot beverage around the world is: COFFEE!
Well, I drink them both 😉
And back to my question: are you a coffee or a tea drinker?
Thank you all for reading.
And please stay at home and stay safe!
Follow me on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Image credit: Canva, edited by Popsicle Society, Infographic: Popsicle Society
Hey thank you from my heart for sharing this information and i am a coffee lover no hate for tea but could not develop the taste
Stay safe happy wealthy and healthy
Thank you very much for stopping by and reading!
Seems the researchers were right, people love coffee ☕️ 😉
Wish you a wonderful day! 🌸
Thank you 🙏
I love this post 🙂 So relatable.
I enjoy my coffee as much as I enjoy my tea.
Okay! The truth. I love tea but coffee always tops the list. I am guilty at times of having tea, only because I did not want to have that 3rd cup of coffee.:P
Hahaha…thank you very much for stopping by!
I do enjoy them both but coffee tops my list too 😉 A good coffee can improve my mood quite a lot 😉 ☕️
TEA is the first thing i need in the morning. 😁
Hahaha, I think we all need something to start the day in a positive way 😉
Thank you very much for stopping by and sharing 😉