Hello my dear readers,
I know I’m late with my usual posts but before starting to dig into it, I need your help.
Who followed me in the last months, noticed that beside my words and quotes of positivity and inspiration, I have structured my blog in a few kind of posts:
- Discovering our food – where I try to cover different ingredients from our rich cuisine, their origins, ambients & needs, their use in our kitchens and their benefits in our daily life.
- Discovering our world – where I try to reveal our world one city at a time. I always try to correlate the place with the ingredient that we have discovered in the previous post.
- My super easy, fast yet very delicious recipes, sometimes first courses, especially lots of pasta, meat, fish, veggies, and of course some desserts.
So basically I take one ingredient, usually a seasonal one, then I dig into its origins, how is cultivated, its benefits, then I continue with discovering a place related with the specific ingredient and I finish with an easy recipe related to the same ingredient.
I would love to know your opinion, what do you think of these posts?
Do you find them interesting? Useful?
Do you enjoy discovering more about our food and our world?
Have you tried any of my recipes?
Do you think these posts are too long or too short?
What would you like to know more about our food or about our world?
Or any topic on which should I concentrate more?
This community is so awesome and I’m so proud to be part of it, and would be great if you could let me know your opinion in the comments below.
I do enjoy blogging and I just want to be useful to all of you, as I really appreciate the time that each one of you take to visit and read my blog, and interact, and I’m really grateful for all your support so far. I couldn’t have make it so far without you all!
For my new readers, or if you missed my posts, in 2019 we have discovered:
- The basil, we have travelled to Genoa, Italy, the city where pesto was borne, and we enjoyed a super delicious first course Trofie with pesto alla Genovese
- Tomatoes, we have discovered Sicily, the first Italian region that knew the tomato plant, and we have enjoyed 3 types of super delicious Bruschette with tomatoes
- Watermelon, the perfect summer refreshing fruit, we have discovered province of Gānsù in China, which is in the first place for the production of watermelon, and we have enjoyed a refreshing watermelon cocktail
- Zucchini, a versatile ingredient of our kitchens, we have travelled to Veneto, Italy, one of the largest producers of zucchini and we have discovered Padua, my almost backyard, where we have enjoyed fast, easy and healthy zucchini au gratin
- Parsley, a very common herb that we use almost every day, we have discovered Venice, Italy, a romantic seaside city where traditional dishes are mainly based on fish and parsley goes pretty well with it and we have enjoyed folpetti alla veneziana
- Eggplants, widely used in the cuisine of many countries around the world, and we have discovered Kolkata, also known as Calcutta, the capital of the West Bengal, India, the second largest producer of eggplants after China, and we have enjoyed one of my childhood favourite food eggplant dip
- Grapes, lovely to be eaten as they are or drinking their delicious wine, we have travelled to Toscana or Tuscany, one of the Italian regions that produces high quality wines and we have enjoyed grapes cake that thought to be muffins instead
- Cauliflower, and we have traveled to California, the Golden State and we have discovered its amazing culinary experiences and my cauliflower au gratin
- Beans, one of the most consumed foods in the world and we have discovered Myanmar, the second country on earth that produces dry beans after India, and I’ve shared a new way of eating the beans in sauce
- Rosemary, a pretty aromatic herb, we have travelled to Athens, the place where all started in Europe: philosophy, art, history, politics and democracy and we have enjoyed rosemary roasted sweet potatoes
- Mushrooms, popular around the world due to their versatility as well as their meat-like heft and texture, we have travelled to Torino or Turin in Piedmont, Italy, and we have enjoyed a super delicious and creamy polenta with mushrooms
- Kiwi, a very important fruit for strengthening the immune system, having high content of Vitamin C, we have discovered Verona, Italy, known to most of us for the dramatic love story of Shakespearean Romeo and Juliet, and we have enjoyed a super easy and healthy breakfast with kiwi and chia pudding and coconut milk
- Brussels sprouts, the miniature cabbage, but that contain substances that help maintain the health and well-being of our body, we have of course discovered Brussels and we have enjoyed my roasted Brussels sprouts
- Pumpkin, or the so called Jack O’ Lantern that you all know, we have discovered Mantova or Mantua, Italy, where for centuries the pumpkin has been cultivated and consumed and we have warmed our souls with my super velvety pumpkin cream soup
- Marjoram, a very delicate aromatic herb, we have discovered Provence, region of southeast France, and we have enjoyed my Italian mushrooms risotto
- Apples, our classic fruit, we have travelled to Trentino-Alto Adige in Italy, as its apples are known throughout Europe as a quality local product and we have enjoyed my super easy apple crumble pie
- Beetroot, a not very common but very interesting vegetable, we have discovered Munich, Germany and we have enjoyed a healthy beetroot and feta cheese salad
- Sage, a very aromatic herb, with a lot of benefits: antiseptic, digestive and calming effects, we have discovered Dalmatia, no, not the dog 🐶 and we have enjoyed porcini mushrooms ravioli with butter and sage sauce
- Potatoes, my absolute favourite, we have travelled to Lake Titicaca, located on the border of Bolivia and Peru, often called the “highest navigable lake” in the world, and we have enjoyed a warm baby octopus and potato salad
- Oranges, my absolute Christmas fruit, we have discovered São Paulo, the biggest orange producer region in Brazil, and we’ve enjoyed my soft almond and orange cookies
And the discovering process is only at the beginning 😉
Join me and let’s discover more about our food and amazing world!
Would love to know your opinion!
Thank you again for all your support! I’m really grateful!
Wish you a wonderful day!
🙂 So far, so good.
Keep doing what you have always been doing with your blog.
And, do keep in mind, that you cannot please everyone.
Thank you very much Renard! Very appreciated! 😊
🙂 You are most welcome, Ribana.
Love the variety u provide in your posts.Havent travelled much.so I love to discover new places reading about them.m staying in my brothers house for a while so haven’t been able to try any recipe but all look yummy to me..lol
Keep doing what you are doing dear coz u r doing every thing really very well…
Thank you very much! I appreciate it a lot! I will try my best to make you discover our world one place at a time 😉😊 Virtual traveling can be fun too 😉
Absolutely..looking forward to reading them ❤
I love your blog Ribana so for me it great just as is!!! 🙂
Thank you very much Sophie for your kind words and support! Very appreciated! 🤗💕
I enjoy your posts
Thank you very much!
La cosa migliore è pubblicare ciò che piace a te…altrimenti diventa una fatica e non un divertimento. E poi è vero che…non si può piacere a tutti. Ciao Riby e buon lavoro!
Questo è vero! La prima cosa è piacermi quello che faccio, altrimenti sai che presto faccio a chiudere tutto? 🤪🤪 sopratutto perché richiede non poco tempo 🤪
Per quello ho scelto di fare il blog per le cose che amo e di cui mi fa piacere parlare 😉 però vorrei anche essere utile ai miei lettori 😉😍
Grazie mille cara di cuore 💖
Un abbraccio e buona giornata 🤗😊
I’ve just started following you and like what I see. I look forward to upcoming posts.
Thank you very much for following my blog and for your kind word! 😊
Variety for me is a wonderful thing! When I scroll through my WP Reader, I am always looking for something interesting, positive and original. I like all of your posts 🙂
Thank you very much for your kind words! Indeed, variety is a wonderful thing and very interesting 😉 Thank you for your support! 😊
Your posts are interesting Ribana. Like your features on Italy.
Thank you very much Arlene! Very appreciated! 💕😊
The beauty is in the variety. Keep it up
Thank you very much for your support and kind words Derrick! I’m really grateful!
Congratulations you are a wonderful writer thank you 🙇 for gracious sharing 🇦🇺🇺🇸🕯️
Thank you very much for your kind words and support! Very appreciated! 😊🌸💕
I enjoy your blog because of the variety of what you post on. I have been cooking for 40 years so I don’t necessarily look to food posts unless they’re something really unique. I think just keep doing what you’ve been doing! It’s all fun and informative.
Thank you very much Chef Mimi for your kind words and support! I’m really grateful and means a lot! I’ll try my best to keep the fun going 😉😊💕
Your posts are always inspiring and beautiful. I enjoy learning about food. I have not tried your recipes, but I have admired them and the photographs. I also love your dinnerware. Just continue to bring all that is infinitely you, whatever that is.
Thank you very much Maggie for your kind words and support! I’m very grateful that you like them! I’ll give my best! 😊💕🌸
Hi. Always enjoy reading your posts. Have a great day.
Hi Goff, thank you very much for you support! Very appreciated!
I really enjoy your posts, recipes and photographs! Always well written articles little jokes also..! Continue your journey Best of luck my dear friend! 💕🌹🤗
Hi. ??? From Happy Confused Thursday Blogger. Have a great day.
Hi Goff 😉
Thank you! Have a wonderful day too!
Sorry sir, I was confused when I was read the post and scrolled down to the comment section and I accidentally replied to you! Have a great weekend!!!🙏
No problem. A little confusion now and again makes life more exciting and interesting. Have a great weekend.
Thank you very much Suni for your support and appreciation! It really means a lot 😊💕🌸
Ribana, You have wonderful and inspiring with variety types of posts! Keep doing what you are interested! Have a great weekend! 🌹 💕 🙏
Thank you very much Suni! 💕 Wish you a wonderful weekend too! 🌸💕🤗
I really do enjoy your posts-my favourite are the fast, easy recipes. I’ve to apologise though because I usually don’t have much time to spare, so I tend to overlook the travel posts. I thought they were very interesting and well-written, but I couldn’t catch up with all of the posts! I do appreciate the hard work you put into your blog; it’s very apparent!
Thank you very much for your kind words and support! Thank you for your time especially! It really means a lot! I’m very glad you like them! 😊💕🌸
I love this post ribana! Really good!😁! KEEP IT UP! 😁
Thank you very much! 😊
Discovering out World and Food..I’ve enjoyed both. I don’t often have time to comment, but I see you. Cheers!
Thank you very much for your support and for being here! I appreciate it a lot! 😊
I enjoy your posts. They are well written and easy to read because of they way you format them. I learned a lot about food! Those are my favorite posts- Discovering Food. <3
Thank you very much for your kind words and support! I’m trying to structure them in such a way to be easy to read 😉I’m really glad you like them! Thank you! 😊🌸💕
I like them all. I travel all over the world, and always have loved to travel. I have been to many of the places you talk about. As you know, I also LOVE to cook, and love your insight on foods. So, just keep on doing what you are doing. It’s all good to me. 🙂
Thank you very much Jeanne for your kind words and support! I’m really glad you like them! It means really a lot! Travels and food! The perfect combination 😊🤗💕
You’re welcome. Travels and food! Yes! two great things that often go together. 🙂
I find nothing wrong with your posts! I love the cuisine and travel. You’re posts are thorough and interesting! Variety is good.
Thank you very much Diane for your kind words and support! Travel and cuisine, I think really the perfect combination 😉 Variety is something that keeps us engaged I think without getting bored 😉
I enjoy your blog just the way it is! You do an amazing job. I always learn something new and I even laugh along the way.
Thank you very much Michelle for your kind words and support! I’m really glad you like them! Finding something new but also having fun, that’s my goal 😉
Thank you 😊💕🌸
I love your posts and how you connect the dots – posting a recipe, then the history of the I ingredients as well as covering the place of origin. I’ll admit I don’t always have time to read really long posts, but you do your research and your articles are fun and we’ll written.
I also appreciate how good you ate to participate on other peoples blogs. Thanks.
Thank you very much for your kind words and support! This is the best part of blogging 😉 I’m really grateful! Thank you again!
First of all, you are doing it Awesome ✨☺️
It’s interesting and yes it’s definitely useful to have some cheat diets😜
Ofcourse i do😉
I tried Kiwi, back to my diet😋 and one more thing 🤔 forgotten 😒 sigh. I tried some delicious sweet foods other food bloggers too🥰
i like things in short, i sometime feel your posts could’ve been short and crispy. But looking at the details then i don’t say about it, because your hardwork on details are appreciated. Just do your thing, we like it anyway. But short and crisp you can think about it or end up with bullet points.
Thank you very much for your time and honest opinion Simon!
I know sometimes my posts can be long, only that when I start doing it, I can’t stop because I feel are so many important and useful information to share 🤪 but well noted! I’ll try to structure them in a way to be more easier to read 😉
Thank you always for your time taken to read my posts and commenting!
Very appreciated! Wish you a wonderful day! 😊🌸💕
My Pleasure Ribanna 🥰
I love discovering new places and cultures. Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for your support and kind words! Very appreciated! 😊💕🌸
Yes, I find the in-depth food articles interesting. Thanks for sharing! 👏🙂
Thank you very much for letting me know 😊 I’m glad you like them! Very appreciated!
I love your posts about food and places. 😉❤️
Thank you very much Winnie! Very appreciated! I’m really glad you like them! 😊💕🌸
It sounds to me a very nice way of organising it. I’m not one of your regular readers because I can’t keep up with everyone and I’m not a great cook, but it’s nice to pop in here when I can 🙂 🙂
Thank you very much for stopping here sometimes! Is really appreciated! 😊💕🌸
Though I sometimes run out of things to say, I always feel grateful for the quality of the post you share dear Ribby. They’re very educational and informative. More power to your blog and I’m looking forward to your cookbook one day 😉
Thank you very much dear Jess for your continued support and kind words! I’m really grateful! 💕🤗
The cookbook? It crossed my mind you know? 🤪 Never day never 🤪😉
I would sadden me if you never thought of creating a cookbook Ribby. With your passion for cooking paired with skills and great tasting dishes, you need to publish one. I want to purchase a copy from you with your sign! 😍Gah! I’m feel excited thinking about it. 🤩
Oh my…I would be honoured to send you my signed cookbook 🤪🤪 I would never exclude the idea but probably would take me several years to do one….🤪🤪🤪 until then better eating 😉😋😋
Thank you very much dear Jess 💕💕🤗🤗🤩🤩
Oh well, in that case I’ll just my eyes open for the day you finally collected enough recipes for us to hold 🙂
Have a great weekend Ribby <3
Thank you dear Jess for your support! 🤗💕 I will make sure my first ever copy of the book will go to you 😉🤗💕
Aw 🥰 This made my day <3
I know I am late. But I enjoy reading everything you post!!!
Is never late to receive such kind words 😉 Thank you very much for your support! I really appreciate it 💕😊
Hi Ribana! I like your blog the way it is really, must say I love the travel posts best and the amazing way you dig into the foods we eat. I’m not a cook sadly, and with my special diet needs I’m not able to use most of your recipes but they sure do sound great! Never too long for me, especially the travel posts. Anyway, I like it all Ribana and I certainly appreciate all the time and effort you put into your posts to make them so enjoyable for the rest of us! Have a great day Ribana!😁😸⛄🌲
Hi Steve, first of all thank you very much for stopping by! Thank you for your time taken to read my posts! And thank you for your kind words and support always! It really means a lot to me! This is what is making me go on 😉😊 I’m glad you’re enjoying my posts! Traveling from the comfort of our home sometimes can be really amazing 😉 or we can get some great inspiration for new travels or why not food😉
I know you’re not a great cook, but let’s pass it to Muffin to decide😉😻😼 that cake I guess was not bad at all 😉😻
I’m always putting myself in my readers shoes and I know we all need to smile more often, so I’m trying to make my post informative but also funny 😆
Thank you again Steve for appreciation!
Hi Ribana! I love the travel posts and especially the food posts. I have tried a few of the recipes and they are divine!! Your posts flow so nice, they are interesting and easy to read. 💗
Hi Lisa, thank you very much for your kind words and support! It really means a lot to me! I’m so thankful 💕I’m glad you liked the recipes 😋😋 very appreciated! I wish you a wonderful week! 💕🌸🤗
I am a newbie to your blog and I like what I see! You offer an excellent variety of interesting subjects. Thank you for following Eugi’s Causerie.
Thank you very much for stopping by and for your kind words! Very appreciated! 😉🌸 Great blog 😉
You’re welcome and thank you! 😊
You’ve done a lot of research and work. Good job.
Thank you very much! Very appreciated!
Love the cat . 😉